Information for Scotia-Glenville staff members
Insurance companies will cover the cost of at-home COVID tests (1-18-2022):
- CDPHP to cover At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits
- Blue Shield to reimburse the cost of At-Home COVID-19 tests
Memo regarding paid COVID-19 sick leave (10/12/2021)
As you know, the paid leave provisions under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) expired on December 31, 2020, and no are longer available for use by employees.
However, in certain circumstances, employees continue to be eligible for leave under the New York COVID-19 Sick Leave Act, which provides for up to fourteen (14) calendar days (typically up to ten work days for a full-time employee) of paid leave when the employee is placed under a mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation issued by the following governmental entities due to COVID-19: the State of New York, the New York State Department of Health or local board of health, or any government entity in New York duly authorized to issue such an order. This paid leave is not available to an employee who is able to work remotely, as determined by the District.
Employees can access paid benefits under this law without using their contractual leave accruals for no more than three (3) governmental COVID-19 quarantine or isolation orders. Paid leave is available under this law the first time an employee is subject to a governmental quarantine or isolation order as the result of the employee either testing positive for COVID-19 or for coming into contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID. However, leave is available to an employee the second and third time the employee is subject to governmental quarantine or isolation order only if that order is the result of the employee testing positive for COVID-19.
In addition, employees are entitled to a paid leave of absence without the use of contractual leave accruals for a sufficient period of time to be vaccinated against COVID-19 vaccine, but not to exceed four (4) hours per vaccine injection.
Should you have any questions about this information, please do not hesitate to contact Martha Moran (73106) in Human Resources (HR).
Memo regarding the shortening of quarantine periods (12/24/2021)
This advisory from the New York State Department of Health on shortening the isolation period for certain fully vaccinated healthcare workers and other critical workforce, including school staff, was released December 24th.
The information supersedes portions of previously issued Return to Work guidance for Healthcare Personnel and other previous guidance related to returning to work after SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Please note that in the link above, the “yellow” highlighted parts pertain to schools.
If you have questions on the attached, please contact Martha Moran (extension 73106) in Human Resources (HR) and we will do our best to answer your questions.
EAP provides, at no cost to employees, up to eight (8) counseling sessions per issue per year, legal/financial consultation, Identity Theft recovery, child/elder care resources and work/life services referrals and emotional well-being services. Resources give you the support you need to develop resilience, reduce stress, and practice mindfulness. Read more on this page.
- Go to www.anthemeap.com
- Click on the Login button
- When asked for the company name enter: Scotia Glenville Central Schools
- All clinical needs, management consultations, requests and employee/household member calls should be directed to the toll-free number: (800) 865-1044.
A comprehensive trainings site for teachers to use while transitioning to online learning.
Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
Message to members of the NYSLRS regarding retirement
Outlook O365 Email
- Log into the O365 email for Scotia-Glenville employees.
- Directions for setting up your O365 Scotia-Glenville email account.
The substitute coordination service is provided through Capital Region BOCES.
Access the Power Teacher sign-in page.
Access the PowerSchool sign-in page.
All Scotia-Glenville faculty, staff and substitutes now have the ability to complete their annual HazCom training requirement electronically.
Additional training will be provided for departments including, but not limited to, Facilities and Operations, School Nurses, Art, Science, Technology, Transportation, those identified as ‘at risk’ by the district’s Exposure Control Plan, etc.
Sexual Harassment Training
The safety of our staff and students is of utmost importance. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the SafeSchools Online Training System to our employees. We’re confident you’ll find these courses to be informative and helpful towards maintaining a safe learning environment.
S.A.V.E. Annual Training
This training consists of DASA, Dignity for all Students Act and Safe Schools Against Violence in Education. Here is SafeSchool information for this training.
Acture Solutions – Scotia-Glenville Help Desk
STAFF: To request technical assistance, do one of the following:
1. Log into the district’s helpdesk website (http://helpdesk.sgcsd.net ). Use your Scotia-Glenville email username without the @sgcsd.net as the user name. For example, jsmith (without the @sgcsd.net), use your S-G email password as the password. Click on “Create a New Incident” under “Can We Help You” and complete the form.
2. Call by telephone: 518-631-3530
3. Send an email to email@example.com
In some cases, a staff member will remotely log into your computer to fix the problem. Staff may wish to call you back with information or questions. At times, a technician may visit your room to directly handle the request.
- Capital Region BOCES Digital Library
- Educational Data Service for ordering supplies.
- Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Schenectady County Retired Teachers Association
- School Dude Facilities Scheduler. Staff members desiring to book building space after 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. (except for the middle and high schools, which need to complete events by 10 p.m.) in any of the school buildings or athletic fields must use the School Dude system. Staff members will use their school district email address to enter the site. The password “tartan” must be submitted at the end of the form. You will be notified by email if the request is approved or if there are problems.
- Greater Capital Region Teacher Center The Teacher Center provides professional learning for teachers, by teachers. The courses provide long-term opportunities for teachers to grow in their abilities to provide students with engaging, safe, and rigorous learning environments, which are CTLE approved. Teachers may also sign up for emails from the Teacher Center at https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001tM9zndiNiohKdCh-7Wqc4CPCw62TV_FH.