Information for Scotia-Glenville staff members
Revisions to Section 201 of the New York State Labor Law require all mandatory labor postings be made available to employees electronically. Click here to review the list of postings.
Insurance companies will cover the cost of at-home COVID tests (1-18-2022):
- CDPHP to cover At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits
- Blue Shield to reimburse the cost of At-Home COVID-19 tests
EAP provides, at no cost to employees, up to eight (8) counseling sessions per issue per year, legal/financial consultation, Identity Theft recovery, child/elder care resources and work/life services referrals and emotional well-being services. Resources give you the support you need to develop resilience, reduce stress, and practice mindfulness. Read more on this page.
- Go to www.anthemeap.com
- Click on the Login button
- When asked for the company name enter: Scotia Glenville Central Schools
- All clinical needs, management consultations, requests and employee/household member calls should be directed to the toll-free number: (800) 865-1044.
A comprehensive trainings site for teachers to use while transitioning to online learning.
Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
Beginning in January 2022, the NYS DOH made self-certification forms available for employees to use to evidence the order of isolation or quarantine required under the law. Employees may complete the appropriate affirmation to satisfy the law’s requirement that they have an order of isolation or quarantine, as applicable, from a duly authorized government authority.
The NYS DOL guidance also takes the position that employees may take up to three periods of leave under the law since the onset. However, for the second and third periods, eligibility must be evidenced by a positive COVID 19 test, and the employee must submit documentation from “a licensed medical provider or testing facility” confirming the positive result, unless the employer performed the test. As a result, under the current guidance, a positive at-home test would not be sufficient to establish eligibility for a second or third period of COVID-19 leave under the law.
Starting September 1, 2022, Scotia-Glenville Central School District will be requiring a positive PCR test from all employees requesting to utilize the New York State Covid-19 Sick Leave Pay.
The links below will bring you to the affirmation of isolation form you may use in conjunction with your results.
Isolation: click here
Quarantine: click here
Message to members of the NYSLRS regarding retirement
Outlook O365 Email
- Log into the O365 email for Scotia-Glenville employees.
- Directions for setting up your O365 Scotia-Glenville email account.
The substitute coordination service is provided through Capital Region BOCES.
Access the Power Teacher sign-in page.
Access the PowerSchool sign-in page.
All Scotia-Glenville faculty, staff and substitutes now have the ability to complete their annual HazCom training requirement electronically.
Additional training will be provided for departments including, but not limited to, Facilities and Operations, School Nurses, Art, Science, Technology, Transportation, those identified as ‘at risk’ by the district’s Exposure Control Plan, etc.
Sexual Harassment Training
The safety of our staff and students is of utmost importance. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the SafeSchools Online Training System to our employees. We’re confident you’ll find these courses to be informative and helpful towards maintaining a safe learning environment.
S.A.V.E. Annual Training
This training consists of DASA, Dignity for all Students Act and Safe Schools Against Violence in Education. Here is SafeSchool information for this training.
Acture Solutions – Scotia-Glenville Help Desk
STAFF: To request technical assistance, do one of the following:
1. Log into the district’s helpdesk website (http://helpdesk.sgcsd.net ). Use your Scotia-Glenville email username without the @sgcsd.net as the user name. For example, jsmith (without the @sgcsd.net), use your S-G email password as the password. Click on “Create a New Incident” under “Can We Help You” and complete the form.
2. Call by telephone: 518-631-3530
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases, a staff member will remotely log into your computer to fix the problem. Staff may wish to call you back with information or questions. At times, a technician may visit your room to directly handle the request.
- Capital Region BOCES Digital Library
- Educational Data Service for ordering supplies.
- Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Schenectady County Retired Teachers Association
- School Dude Facilities Scheduler. Staff members desiring to book building space after 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. (except for the middle and high schools, which need to complete events by 10 p.m.) in any of the school buildings or athletic fields must use the School Dude system. Staff members will use their school district email address to enter the site. The password “tartan” must be submitted at the end of the form. You will be notified by email if the request is approved or if there are problems.
- Greater Capital Region Teacher Center The Teacher Center provides professional learning for teachers, by teachers. The courses provide long-term opportunities for teachers to grow in their abilities to provide students with engaging, safe, and rigorous learning environments, which are CTLE approved. Teachers may also sign up for emails from the Teacher Center at https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001tM9zndiNiohKdCh-7Wqc4CPCw62TV_FH.