We are an organization of retired educators who worked or live in Schenectady County. Our goal is to support retired educators and Schenectady County high school students who aspire to become teachers.
We administer two trusts which offer financial aid (with no strings attached), in times of need, to retired SCRTA members. The Aspiring Teacher Award (ATA), granted to students, provides a unique link between the past and the future in our profession. You could be part of this connection.
For those of you who are a long way from retirement, keep us in mind. For those of you who are looking to retire in the near future, let us welcome you.
Your membership dues allow us to continue our work no matter how active you choose to be in the organization. Membership is open to all educational staff, certified and non-certified, in both public and private schools and colleges in Schenectady County.
Membership: Dues: $15/year, or $75/lifetime SCRTA membership offers opportunity to:
- Support the continuation of our annual $1500 Aspiring Teacher Award
- Make assistance available from two trusts for SCRTA members
- Visit with retired friends at spring and fall luncheons on the third Thursday of May and October
- Receive our newsletter, “The Chatterbox”
- Enjoy orchestra seating at Proctors shows for group discount prices. For details go to Impressum on our Facebook page.
- Remember those who are more senior or unable to get around easily, with cards and/or visits SCRTA offers discounted tickets for some of the Proctors shows because educators deserve a perk.
For more information, contact:
- Elaine Orsini, (518) 372-7076
- Linda Snyder (518) 377-7760
- RoseMarie McLean (518) 393-9343
- Donna Dunn (518) 599-0285
Visit the SCRTA Facebook page for news and updates.
Updates from the SCRTA
2018-19 season at Proctor’s
Proctors tickets make great holiday gifts!
Tickets for the following shows can still be ordered with SCRTA:
Each seat may be held with a deposit of $10 now. Full payment is preferred but there’s flexibility in paying for the shows. Ticket availability at these prices is LIMITED.
- THE SCHOOL OF ROCK…Feb. 7, 2019 @ 8:00…$60…total $ due Jan. 1, 2019…………Mitzi
- CHARLIE & CHOC FACTORY…Feb. 28, ’19 @ 8:00….$56…total $ due Jan 20, 2019…..Mitzi
- THE PHANTOM of the OPERA …Apr. 25, ’19 @ 8:00…$69…total $ due Mar 20, 2019…Mitzi
- SHAKESPEARE in LOVE May 2, ’19 @ 7:30 @ Capital Rep $56- total $ due Mar 2 ..Paulette
Our reservation process has changed: 2 easy steps:
1. Choose shows. Email the listed show handler (in green box) an itemized list: your name, address, phone #, show name, number of tickets and cost.
2. SEND your check and a self addressed stamped envelope by regular mail to Carol Fischer for shows you have selected: Carol Fischer, 3083 E. Old State Road, Schenectady NY 12303. Every show needs its own stamped self addressed envelope.
Make checks payable to: SCRTA
Show handlers are listed here with contact information:
- Carol: 518-577-3626 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irene: 518-372-1403 (no email)
- Mitzi: 518-356-2980 email@example.com (email preferred)
- Paulette: 518-399-9388 GSWAGG@aol.com (This show is at Capital Rep) (email preferred)
- Sandi: 518-371-6234 firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) (Price increase in Sept.)
Thanks for ordering with the Schenectady County Retired Teachers Association
Make checks payable to SCRTA. You MUST include a personal phone # Prices are rounded up to an even amount. As always, a $1 charge added per ticket covers processing charges. Funds remaining after fees are covered are donated to SCRTA’s ATA (Aspiring Teacher Award).
Wheelchair seating is available.
Changes may always be made to your order. All seats are in the orchestra section. If needed, REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE when requested before the date listed as: “total # due” per show.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW FOR THE BEST SEATS and PRICES!
ALL seats are ORCHESTRA SEATS at discount prices.
Prices are the same for children and adults.
Wheelchair seating is always available.
For each show send FULL PAYMENT or $10 per ticket NOW to reserve your seats.
When you pay the balance, this $10 deposit per ticket will be subtracted from the total. The balance will be collected about one month before the show date. (We will contact you.)
Make your check payable to SCRTA.
You may make changes to your order by the date listed.
Send a stamped, self addressed envelope with your phone number NOW for each. Tickets are mailed about a month before each show date. When Proctors mails the tickets to us, we will mail them to you in your own stamped envelope. We MUST have your phone number.
As the date of the show gets closer the prices often increase, so make your reservations NOW to get the lowest price and best seats.
Schenectady County Retired Teachers Association