Open to current high school students, college students, community members, and non instructional staff of any school district
On Wednesday, June 14, from 6-8 p.m. Shenendehowa High School is hosting an event to generate interest in teaching in the Capital Region. Teachers in certain specialty areas are in high demand. This event is geared to answer questions about the teaching field and to help people understand the different pathways to earn a teacher certification.
The Careers in Education event will take place at Shenendehowa High School East. On the high school campus, the East Building is the first building on the left.
Introduction/Overview and Q&A
- Shenendehowa CSD Superintendent, Dr. L. Oliver Robinson
- Deputy Superintendent, Dr. Elizabeth Wood
Breakout Session #1
Breakout Session #2
- Representatives from local & regional SUNY & private college/universities
- Capital Region BOCES Regional Certification Office
Breakout Sessions will be offered in the following areas:
- Special Education
- Elementary Education (K-5)
- Secondary Education (middle & high school) World Languages & English as a New Language Fine Arts
- Career & Technical Education, Health, & PE Related Services (Counseling, Psychology, etc.)