The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation.
At Sacandaga, the PTA has provided the students with various educational programs. These programs encourage and enrich the education of the students. They occur either during the school day or in after-school activities.
The PTA has helped to make school a more meaningful place for the students and its families.
Here is a list of your PTA officers, 2018-19.
Please support your PTA:
- Co-Presidents: Kim Butler for a 2 year term and and Kimberly Boucher Furnish for a 1 year term.
- Co-Ways and Means/VP: Chrissy Thompson and Mindy Kinney for a 1 year term.
- Treasurer Jason Kinney for a 1 year term.
- Secretary Alexis Shaffer for a 2 year term.
- Programs Coordinator Lindsay Ciejka for a 2 year term.
- Yearbook Representative Kaitlyn Cook for a 2 year term.
- PTA Council Rep Kimberly Furnish for a one year term.
- Box Tops Coordinator Chaina Porter for a 1 year term.
Contact the PTA at this email firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTA is also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SacandagaPTA/
Contact the Sacandaga School at (518) 382-1282/347-3600, ext. 41101 for more information.
2018-2019 meeting dates/SDM dates:
PTA meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in the Library as indicated.
- September 11, 2018
- October 2, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- June 4, 2019
PTA activities – 2018-19
Sacandaga PTA has some great events and programs coming up this school year which we are sure our students will enjoy! The PTA could really use the help of parents to make these events a success! Some of year’s events include:
- Ice Cream Social: 6-7:30 p.m., Sept. 7, 2018
- Picture Day: Oct. 16, 2018
- Monster Mash: 6-8 p.m., Oct. 19, 2018
- Reflections: 6-7 p.m., Nov. 14, 2017
- Picture Retakes: Nov. 16, 2018
- Reflections District Level: Dec. 3, 2018
- Dinner With Santa: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Dec. 14, 2018
- Game Night, 6-7:30 p.m., Jan. 4, 2019
- Science Fair/Reflections: 6-7 p.m., Jan. 14, 2019
- Fabulous Fridays: After school, Jan. 25 and Feb. 1
- DOUG Girls Dance: 6-8 p.m., Feb. 8, 2019
- Dr. Seuss Night: 6-7:30 p.m., March 5, 2019
- MAGS Boys Dance: 6-8 p.m., March 1, 2019
- Spring Fling: 5-7:30 p.m., May 17, 2019
Scotia-Glenville PTA Council
The PTA Council is comprised of members of the six school PTAs who come together to plan events for all schools. Here is more information about the PTA Council.