The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation.
At Sacandaga, the PTA has provided the students with various educational programs. These programs encourage and enrich the education of the students. They occur either during the school day or in after-school activities.
The PTA has helped to make school a more meaningful place for the students and its families.
Here is a list of your PTA officers, 2017-18. Please support your PTA:
President: Kimberly Furnish
VP Ways and Means: Mindy Kinney & Chrissy Thompson
Secretary: Chaina Porter
Treasurer: Jason Kinney
Programs: Sharon MacNeil
Membership: Erin Loatman
Homeroom Parent Coordinator: Sharon Kenyon
Teacher Liason: Tracey Resue
Box Tops Coordinator: Chaina Porter
PTA Council Representative: Kimberly Furnish
Fabulous Fridays Coordinator: Geri Byam
Yearbook Coordinators: Gail Greeley and Sharon MacNeil
Contact the PTA at this email email@example.com
Contact the Sacandaga School at (518) 382-1282/347-3600, ext. 41101 for more information.
2017-2018 meeting dates/SDM dates:
PTA meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in the Library as indicated.
- September 12, 2017
- October 3, 2017
- November 7, 2017
- December 5, 2017
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 6, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 1, 2018
- June 5, 2018
Check out our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/SacandagaPTA/
Sacandaga PTA has some great events and programs coming up this school year which we are sure our students will enjoy! The PTA could really use the help of parents to make these events a success! Some of year’s events include:
- Ice Cream Social: 6-7:30 p.m., Sept. 8, 2017
- Picture Day: Oct. 11, 2017
- Monster Mash: 6-8 p.m., Oct. 13, 2017
- Science Fair/Reflections: 6-7 p.m., Nov. 14, 2017
- Picture Retakes: Nov. 17, 2017
- Reflections District Level: “Oscar Night,” 6-7 p.m., Dec. 4, 2017
- Dinner With Santa: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Dec. 15, 2017
- Game Night, 6-7:30 p.m., Jan. 5, 2018
- Fabulous Fridays: After school, Jan. 19 and 26
- DOUG Girls Dance: 6-8 p.m., Feb. 16, 2018
- Dr. Seuss Night: 6-7:30 p.m., March 2, 2018
- MAGS Boys Dance: 6-8 p.m., March 16, 2018
- Spring Fling: 5-7:30 p.m., April 27, 2018 (raindate: May 4, 2018)
Scotia-Glenville PTA Council
The PTA Council is comprised of members of the six school PTAs who come together to plan events for all schools. Here is more information about the PTA Council.