Where Everybody Belongs
Attention Incoming 6th Grade Families:
Scotia-Glenville Middle School is excited to to help welcome students with a new two phase orientation program for sixth graders on Thursday, Aug. 31.
The pilot program called Where Everybody Belongs (WEB) supports students transition to middle school by assigning peer mentors. During the first phase of the orientation, sixth graders will meet classmates and their eighth grade peer mentors for the year.
Two phase orientation day
- From 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for students only.
- Parents/guardians should be prepared to drop students off at 8 a.m. and be back at 12 p.m. for the second phase.
- While this phase is not mandatory, all 6th graders are invited and encouraged to attend.
- A traditional orientation for parents/guardians and students starts immediately following the first phase.
- At 12 p.m. parents, guardians, and students will tour the school, pick up a lock and set up a locker, meet their guidance counselor, sign up for parent portal and ask any clarifying questions.
Please mark your calendars! More information will be coming in the school schedule mailing in August and in an email. Please be on the lookout for both.
If you have any questions regarding the WEB mentoring program, please email them to MSWEB@sgcsd.net. We hope to see you there!