Scotia-Glenville Central School District > Registering a student > Preschool information for parents > Find a wide array of area preschools
A few questions to ask any preschool:
- What is the structure of the day?
- Are there meals eaten at school? Does the school provide them? How often do they eat/drink? How food allergies handled?
- Do you do movement and music?
- Do you have an indoor gym facility in addition to an outdoor playground for cold/rainy days?
- For outdoor play, how long are they outside for? Do you supply sunscreen or does the parent need to supply?
- Do you go on field trips? If so, can the parent attend?
- Does the classroom have pets?
- Do you celebrate holidays?
- Is there a nap time? Does the school provide pillow/blanket/ cot or do the parents? Are the children forced to take a nap or can they read a book or do a quiet activity?
- Do you celebrate birthdays? If yes, what is done to celebrate?
- Does the teacher send home a newsletter? If yes, is it weekly or monthly?
- Do you do parent/teacher conferences? How many per year?
- May I call and check up on my child?
- Can parents just drop in or do they have to call first?
- What is the policy on picking up students? Is it strictly who the parents write down on a list or is it more lax?
- What about snow days?
- Are the workers trained in first aid, CPR, injury prevention and infection control?
- What is the policy when a child is sick or injured?
- If my child needs medication, who will administer it?
- Does my child have to be toilet trained?
- Can they wear pull ups?