Here is the school supply list for Sacandaga Elementary School.
As the school year progresses, you may need to replenish some supplies. Please be sure that all items are clearly labeled with your child’s name.
Kindergarten Supply List
- An art smock! (Things get pretty messy in kindergarten!) Dad’s old button shirts work best.
Please cut sleeves to fit your child and label clearly with your child’s name.
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 package of Play-Doh (4-pack)
- 1 extra set of clothes in a Zip-loc bag labeled with your child’s name (Sweatpants, t-shirt, socks, and underwear)
- 1 sturdy “regular size” backpack with no rolling wheels, big enough to hold books, folders, and daily mail. (Labeled with your child’s name!)
- For P.E. days- sneakers that cover your student’s foot (no strap/ sandal type shoes or slip-ons) & socks
First Grade Supply List
- Please label ALL items with your child’s name.
- 1 plastic two-pocket folder (Pockets at bottom please)
- 1 box sharpened pencils (10 or 12 count)
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 tool box (pencil case) that closes securely for supplies
- 1 box of 16-24 crayons (No boxes of 64, 96, etc.)
- 3 glue sticks
- 1 large box of Kleenex
- Art smock (An adult’s old shirt works great)
- 8 pack of washable markers
- For P. E. days: sneakers that cover one’s foot (no strap /sandal type shoes or slip-ons) and socks
Second Grade Supply List
- 1 tool box (pencil case) that closes securely and holds all supplies
- 1 pair of scissors (Fiskars work best)
- 1 box (10-12) #2 sharpened yellow pencils (please leave pencils in the box)
- 1 small box of crayons (16 or 24)
- 1 box (10-12) of sharpened colored pencils
- 1 large glue stick
- 1 wide ruled marble composition notebook
- 1 plastic folder with bottom pockets
- 2 large boxes of tissues
- $5.50 (cash only) for Scholastic News magazine
- 1 art smock (an old adult shirt with short sleeves works well)
- socks and sneakers for PE
Third Grade Supply List
- 4 pocket folders (bottom pockets work best)
- white wide-rule paper with a red margin (not college rule)
- at least 10 sharpened #2 pencils (minimum, labeled with name or initials) (not mechanical pencils)
- 2 erasers
- 1 highlighter
- 1 small box of 16 or 24 crayons (larger boxes are too big for desks)
- 2 glue sticks
- 1 pack of 3×3 square Post-it notes
- tool box for supplies (must be able to fit into desks)
- 2 marble composition notebooks (not wire-bound, spiral notebook)
- 3 boxes of tissues
- Art smock (labeled with name)
- socks and sneakers that cover the entire foot will be required for PE days.
Fourth Grade Supply List
- 3 or more #2 sharpened pencils,
- Loose leaf paper-WIDE ruled,
- 1 large plastic accordion style portfolio with at least 5 dividers,
- 1 soft plastic 1-inch 3-ring binder,
- 3 spiral notebooks,
- 1 red pen and 1 blue pen,
- 1 SOFT pencil pouch,
- 1 small box crayons OR 1 pkg colored pencils,
- Your dictionary provided by the Elks Club in Third Grade
- 3 boxes of tissues,
- 1 smock or old shirt for Art
- 1 pair earbuds or headphones for Chromebook use.
- Socks and sneakers that cover one’s foot (no strap/sandal-like shoes or slip-ons) –Phys. Ed.
Fifth Grade Supply List
Please refer to the individual teacher’s specific supply list for the following items:
- Mrs. Dowdle (Ms. Vetrano): 12 sharpened #2 pencils, 1 pencil box or pouch, 6 pocket folders with bottom pockets, 2 composition notebooks, 1 permanent black marker, 2 pks 3-hole punched wide-rule paper, 2 boxes tissues, 12-pk colored pencils, 8-pk fine-tipped markers, 1 highlighter, scissors, 1 Scotch tape, 1 smock or old shirt for art, 2-5 items from home to be recycled in Class Store, 1 set ear buds, two 2L clean soda bottles.
- Mr. Gula: Sharpened #2 pencils, wide ruled loose leaf paper, 8 folders with pockets, 4 soft plastic 1-inch 3-ring binders, loose-leaf ring reinforcements, 4 spiral notebooks, 2 marble composition notebooks, 12-inch ruler (cm and inches), scissors, 2 yellow highlighters, 8 sharpened colored pencils, pocket calculator, 2 large boxes tissues, 2 clear clean 2L soda bottles with caps, 1 smock or old shirt for art.
- Ms. Hotaling: 1 3-ring binder, 1 zippered pencil pouch for binder, 24 sharpened #2 pencils, 1 or 2 pink erasers, 1 yellow and 1 pink highlighter, 6 folders with bottom pockets for binder, 1 smock or old shirt for art, 1 scissors, 1 or 2 glue sticks, 12 pk sharpened colored pencils, 8 pk set fine-tip markers, 1 container Handy-Wipes, 2 or 3 boxes tissues, 1 pk wide-lined loose leaf paper, 1 pk colored 8-tab dividers, 2 composition notebooks, 1 roll paper towels, 1 set ear buds in labeled baggie.