MARCH 22, 2017
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, O’Rourke Middle School is pleased to offer the nationally-acclaimed Camp Invention which is now for participants entering Kindergarten through 6th grade!
The exciting, weeklong summer adventure offers lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children will work together to seek solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills while rotating through several fascinating modules.
The week begins on July 10th with Marie DiCristofaro serving as Director of the *Launch* program!
Here is how young innovators will be spending their time:
- Engaging creative thinking to design and build their own duct tape creations
- Experiencing the power of rocket science by building and launching rubber band rockets
- Exploring aerodynamics to blast water rockets made from plastic bottles more than 50 feet in the air
- Taking apart nonworking machines and devices to investigate their inner operations
- All activities give participants the opportunity to explore, discover and achieve while having fun!
Local educators will facilitate program modules and enthusiastic high school students will serve as Leadership Interns ensuring that one program team member is in place for every eight children.
Every registration includes a complimentary Camp Invention t-shirt. Availability is limited, so visit http://campinvention.org/ or call 800.968.4332 to secure your child’s spot today!
SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY & SAVE $15!
Register at http://campinvention.org/ or 800.968.4332. Use promo code DISCOVER15. Offer expires May 1st.
Your local Camp Invention site information:
Price $225 (before discount) | for children entering K – 6th grade | Register at http://campinvention.org/
O’Rourke Middle School 173 Lakehill Road, Burnt Hills, NY 12027
July 10 – 14, 2017 from 9:00am – 3:30pm