JUNE 5, 2017
Congratulations to the 16 Class of 2017 Scholastic Medal Honor Award recipients!
The medals are given to the members of the graduating class who have completed their studies with the highest achievement. They will receive the medals at graduation on June 24 at Proctor’s Theater in Schenectady.
In the photo at right, the Class of 2017 recipients are from left:
▪ Steven Ng, will attend Rochester Institute of Technology to study computer engineering, PARENTS: Qing Hong;
▪ Dakota Atchinson, will attend Brandeis University to study theater and performance, PARENT: Jennifer Hampson;
▪ Briana Fitzgerald, will attend SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry to study environmental resources engineering, PARENTS: Pam and Brian Fitzgerald;
▪ Kylie George, will attend Siena College to study biology, PARENTS: Christine and John George;
▪ Taylor Cooper, will attend Clarkson University to study pre-medical, PARENTS: Deborah and Gordon Cooper;
▪ Elizabeth Esker, will attend Maria College to study occupational therapy assistant, PARENTS: Catherine and Stephen Esker;
▪ Olivia Powhida, will attend St, Lawrence University to study biology, PARENTS: Cathleen and Peter Drago and Scott Powhida; and
▪ Anthony DiCarlo, will attend Rochester Institute of Technology to study computer science, PARENTS: Amy and Dominick DiCarlo.
▪ Aidan Chaffin, will attend Boston University to study cinema studies and mathematics, PARENTS: Susan Pettengill and Mark Chaffin;
▪ Vinicius Silva, will attend SUNY Stony Brook to study psychology/biology, PARENTS: Denise and Dinemayer Silva;
▪ Carson Rowe, will attend SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry to study environmental studies, PARENTS: Heather Frenz and Shane Rowe;
▪ Trevor Martin, will attend Rochester Institute of Technology to study engineering exploration, PARENTS: Jennifer and Steve Martin;
▪ Christopher Denham, will attend St. Lawrence University to study English education, PARENTS: Esther and Laurence Denham;
▪ Joshua Kraines, will attend Rochester Institute of Technology to study computer engineering, PARENTS: Michelle and Donald Kraines; and
▪ Kyle Jerreld, will attend Rochester Institute of Technology to study biomedical engineering, PARENTS: Melissa and Randy Jerreld.