College Financial Aid: How to Get Your Fair Share
To: Junior and Senior Parents
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Time: 7:00 PM
Subject: College Financial Aid Zoom Webinar
Host: Guidance Department
There is no fee for the seminar
Register in advance for this webinar:
Scotia Glenville Zoom Webinar ID#: 985 9281 5764
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Primary Objective of this Seminar
To disseminate information to parents that will enable
them to make the financial aid process as cost effective
Topics discussed include:
- A conceptual understanding of the financial aid process; facts versus myths.
- The financial aid application process.
- Current and upcoming changes to federal financial aid.
- The impact of parental and student assets.
- How income affects aid eligibility.
- Single/divorced/remarried parents.
- Dependent versus independent.
- The Excelsior Scholarship.
- Education tax credits/deductions.
- Shopping financial aid packages.
Presented by College Aid Planning Associates, Inc. A nationally recognized leader in college financial aid planning for over 35 years.
About the Presenter:
Jason Laurenzo, Vice President of Northeast Wealth Management and College Aid Planning Associates. Earned his BA from The College of Saint Rose, Certificate in Investment Strategies from Columbia Business School and Certificate in Global Business from Harvard Business School. He is a graduate of the College for Financial Planning where he received both his Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor ™ , and Accredited Wealth Management Advisor ™ designations. He is a member of the Financial Planning Association and National Association of Tax Professionals. Jason has been instructing and presenting financial aid seminars nationally since 2002.