MAY 30, 2017
Nearly three dozen grade 5 students from Scotia-Glenville’s four schools were honored with Student Leadership Awards from the New York State Association for Health, Physical Education and Dance (APHERD) during a ceremony at Hudson Valley Community College.
About 700 students from Capital Region schools were recognized at APHERD’s 32nd annual ceremony on May 8.
Physical education teachers used these criteria in determining who to nominate for the honor. The students are no necessarily the best athletes. They are in alignment with the state’s learning standards:
- Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior, sportsmanship and citizenship
- Desires to learn and improve
- Exhibits a physically active lifestyle
- Demonstrates leadership and is a positive influence on peers
- Has contributed toward the total school program
These Scotia-Glenville students were nominated by their teachers:
Here’s the APHERD website for more information about the organization –
Congratulations to everybody!
Click on the images to enlarge them.