21 students from the Class of 2021 will receive Academic Medals at graduation, meaning they have the highest averages in the class. The Academic Medalists were announced during the Senior Awards Assembly this morning at the high school. Here is the video of the awards ceremony.
The Class of 2021 graduation ceremony will be held at 5 p.m. on Monday, June 28 at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
The students receiving medals are:
- Evan Baxter, son of Ellen and John Baxter, will attend SUNY HVCC and major in Computer Information Systems.
- Alexander Bzdell, son of Lisa and Wallace Bzdell, will attend Colgate University and major in Applied Mathematics.
- Rebecca Carpenter, daughter of Wendy and Michael Carpenter, will attend SUNY Binghamton and major in Biomedical Engineering.
- Sadie Chaffin, daughter of Susan Pettengill and Mark Chaffin, will attend the University of New Hampshire and major in Psychology.
- Lia DiCarlo, daughter of Amy and Dominick DiCarlo, will attend Florida State University (FL) and major in Biomedical Engineering.
- Hailey Eddy, daughter of Renee and Steven Eddy, will attend SUNY Binghamton and major in Philosophy, Politics, Pre-Law.
- Nathan Estes, son of Danielle and Stephen Estes, will attend the Rochester Institute of Technology and major in Applied Mathematics.
- Sarah Gallagher, daughter of Jeanne and Paul Gallagher, will attend the University of Washington (WA) and major in Pre-Health Science.
- Olivia Kaye, daughter of Molly Brown and Eric Kaye, will attend SUNY Fredonia and major in Theater Design / Production.
- Matthew Lorey, son of Susan and Scott Lorey, will attend the Rochester Institute of Technology and is Undecided on a major.
- Francis Lotano, son of Jennifer and Angelo Lotano, will attend Clarkson University and major in Mechanical Engineering.
- Reena Lubowski, daughter of Teresa Lubowski, will attend Rutgers – New Brunswick (NJ) and major in Biomedical Engineering.
- Elaina Murdock, daughter of Amy and Robert Murdock, will attend Northeastern University (MA) and major in English and Design.
- Logan Phillips, son of Janine and Gregory Phillips, will attend the Rochester Institute of Technology and major in Electrical Engineering.
- Ivan Rojas, son of Maribeth and Raul Rojas, will attend the Rochester Institute of Technology and major in Software Engineering.
- Brenna Rosenbaum, daughter of Kathleen and Lanny Rosenbaum, will attend the University of Vermont (VT) and major in Anthropology.
- Shianne Sawicz, daughter of Susan Kyme and Edward Sawicz, will attend SUNY Albany and major in Psychology.
- Meghan Toftegaard, daughter of Nora and John Toftegaard, will attend SUNY Buffalo University and major in Exercise Science/Physical Therapy.
- Kirsten Wierzbowski, daughter of Gina and Edward Wierzbowski, will attend Siena College and major in Biology.
- Ethan Wilson, son of Elissa Wilson and Rodney and Montray Wilson, will attend Liberty University (VA) and major in Commercial Music.
- Alyeene Zebrowski, daughter of Gretchen and Michael Zebrowski, will attend SUNY SCCC and major in Math/Science.