Who can vote on May 17,
Scotia-Glenville community members who are US citizens may vote in the May 17, 2011 school elections if they:
• Have been a resident for at least 30 days before the May 17 election; and
• Are at least 18 years old.
The district uses registration books from the Schenectady County Board of Elections during voting. Voting will be held from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the old high school gym, Sacandaga Road.
Can I vote by absentee ballot?
Residents who are either disabled, in the hospital or will not be in town on the day of the vote may cast their vote by absentee ballot. Absentee voters must first complete an application to vote and then complete the ballot.
• Tuesday, May 10: To have a ballot mailed to your home, you must have the application completed by this date.
• Monday, May 16: To request an absentee ballot in person, you must do so by this date.
• Tuesday, May 17: All ballots are due back to the district office by 5 p.m.