Twenty-eight Scotia-Glenville students were recognized for their commitment to education and health during the 27th annual Sandra G. Morley Physical Education Student Leadership Awards at Hudson Valley Community College on May 7.
The awards are sponsored by the
Capital Zone of the New York State Association for Health,
Recreation, and Dance (AHPERD). The ceremony was held in the McDonough Sports Complex at HVCC.
Elementary and middle school students are nominated by their physical education teachers.
The selection criteria for the awards requires that the student:
▪ demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior, sportsmanship and citizenship.
▪ desires to learn and improve.
▪ exhibits a physically active lifestyle.
▪ demonstrates leadership and is a positive influence on peers.
▪ has contributed toward the total school program.
Students do not necessarily need to be the best athletes, however, they should meet the above criteria.
Scotia-Glenville's 2012 recipients were:
Glen Worden Elementary