Superintendent Susan Swartz has announced additional administrative changes beginning July 1 for the 2012-13 school year.
▪ Lee Ann Napolitano, the current academic head for English (grades K-12), will assume responsibility for art in grades K-12 and English, grades 6-12
▪ Martin Ziac, the current academic head for social studies (grades K-12), will assume responsibility for music in grades K-12 and social studies, grades 6-12
▪ Randy Jenkins, the current academic head for science (grades K-12), will assume responsibility for science and math, grades 6-12.
▪ The four elementary principals will be responsible for the four academic areas, grades K-5. For example, Mark McCarthy, who is the current academic head for mathematics but who will become the new Glen-Worden principal, will serve as the K-5 elementary math coordinator.
▪ Tom Fyvie, the current dean of students at the high school and former interim assistant middle school principal, will become the high school assistant principal as of July 1. He replaces Robert Cosmer, who is becoming the new middle school principal.
The proposed 2012-13 budget being considered by the community on May 15 eliminates two administrative positions, leading to this reorganization for next year. In addition, High School Principal Lynda Castronovo and Fine Arts Director Susan Fitting have announced their retirements.
Since 2010, four administrative positions have been eliminated. Voting on the proposed budget and two candidates for the Board of Education will be held from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the high school gymnasium.
Still to be determined...
▪ The high school principal position has been advertised.
▪ The combined athletic director/high school dean position will be advertised in the coming weeks.
▪ The reconfigured district technology position is still being determined.
A recap of announced and current staffing
Here's a recap of the current and announced changes to Scotia-Glenville's administrative team as of July 1:
▪ Tom Eagan - Glendaal Principal
▪ Mark McCarthy - Glen-Worden Principal (as of July 1)
▪ John Geniti - Lincoln Principal (current interim principal; full-time principal as of July 1)
▪ Ann Comley - Sacandaga Principal
▪ Robert Cosmer - Middle School Principal (as of July 1)
▪ Craig Shull - Middle School Assistant principal
Central office unchanged
The central office administrators: Superintendent Susan Swartz, Director of Curriculum and Assessment Maureen Long (who also served as interim Glen-Worden principal this year but returns to her previous position as of July 1), Business Manager Andrew Giaquinto and Pupil Personnel Services Director Kenneth Handin remain unchanged.